[pct-l] Aqua Mira Question

I read the lengthy report that Brick mentioned. I don't worry about giardia
because of it. Those who use treatments to kill giardia should remember that
chlorine doesn't work on giardia cysts. (think of them as seeds or eggs). It
only works on giardia that have already hatched or germinated. The shell of
the cyst protects the baby giardia from harm. Filters clog or become
ineffective. Cysts are found in city water systems that use surface water. My
conclusion is that one is going to eventually be exposed to giardia cysts no
matter what. But the concentration is so low (as given in the report) that
exposure in the wild probably acts more as a vaccination than a danger of
infection. Far more likely in the wild to get it from a carrier who was
exposed somewhere (swimming pool?) and never really healed. A little poor
hygiene out in the wild and voila! -- he spreads it just like a cold to those
not immune, who then either become immune (large majority)or become a
carrier.
 That's my synopsis of the report