[pct-l] Bikes on the PCT

In a message dated 12/5/02 6:33:41 PM Pacific Standard Time,
stillroaming@lycos.com writes:

<< While it would literally require an act of congress to
 change the current laws, I'd encourage ALL mt. bikers
 to exercise their free will. Use a little descretion
 and politely share the trail. Allow the weaker element
 of society the right of way and have a blast!!!

 Scott >>
  Just a fair warning: Civil disobedience can cut both ways. I can break the
law too and simply kick your spokes in (destruction of private property) and
not worry the least about the consequences
  You guys who think you can just ride any where are no better than the dirt
ball bikers and give mountain biking a bad name. I biked in Canyonlands last
Fall on a 100 mile long trail designated  for mountain biking and NOT ONCE
did I see a track going off trail. Guess all that will change when YOU guys
get there HA HA HA HA HA.