[pct-l] Search and Rescue/CA fishing license

This interested me, so I did a quick search, and if it's anything like
happened
in Colorado, folks were misinterpreting the portion of their license which
goes
to Search and Rescue efforts as insurance.

.........Fueling this misunderstanding, in 1992 the Division of Wildlife
widely
promoted the Search and Rescue Fund as "insurance," until the Colorado
search
and rescue community forced  them to cease.

In 1991, it was discovered the Tenth Mountain Trail Association actually
printed on it's literature, "...purchase a one day Colorado fishing license
and the State of Colorado will pay for your rescue."

It is really an "interagency expense pool" of money.......

source:

http://www.sarinfo.bc.ca/Library/Literature/COSARfnd.lit.txt

steve "fishin' fool" courtway