[pct-l] Re: Shooting Problem Bears

At 11:39 AM 11/21/02, Steve Courtway wrote:
>folks tired of IMPORTANT subjects should just
>hit the delete button if they don't like reading about them.

To cut down on the work required to continue this thread I have written a
robot that will scan list posts. Whenever the word "Bear" is detected, the
robot will post the following messages:

From: Tom Reynolds
A lengthy diatribe about why everyone should always carry all of their food
in a bear cannister, complaining about thru hikers being scoff laws, and
giving detailed instructions on to pack all the food required for an entire
thru hike into one Garcia can.

From: Mad Monte
A lengthy diatribe about why everyone should sleep with their food in the
tent, should shoot at the bears, and should generally rebel against authority.

From: Strider
A lengthy diatribe about how things were back in 1977 when men were men and
bears were scared.

From: Blisterfree
A lengthy diatribe about how Ray would deal with bears with references to
the current version of Beyond Backpacking.

From: Brick
A lengthy diatribe about  why we should all carry 30.06 rifles to shoot the
bears

This should save the usual suspects several hours by regurgitating their
usual banal opinions.

Tongue firmly in cheek.

--
Brick Robbins

"We always did feel the same,
we just saw it from a different point of view"
---Bob Dylan