[pct-l] Favorite Town

What is your favorite town on the PCT?  There are 24
towns in CA (if you stop at each one), 7 in OR and 4
in WA.  Also there is Manning Park in BC.

Mine are Banning, CA.  I grew up in the small town 20
miles west of the trail off of I-10.  When me, Jeff,
and Monte were at this junction my dad picked us up
and we were off to my folks place.  It was a wonderful
weekend filled with food, family, and trail stories.
My parents ended up taking in around 15 hikers that
year.  To this date they still talk about all the
wonderful people they got to meet.

Seiad Valley also gets a vote here for their Pancake
Challenge.  Tried it, but couldn't finishes those
pancakes.  What a great place.

Upon entering OR, Arkansas Dave and I stopped at
Callahan's for our FREE Beer.  We had been reading
these signs on the trail for at least 7 miles or so.
We hitched into Ashland the next morning after having
a nice hot tub soak and a comfortable bed.  Ashland
reminded me of Boulder, CO (I went to school at CU)
and we had a great time hanging out in one of the
local brewery.  After going to dinner with some
friends we ended up finding a nice place to sleep
along the trail tracks.

These are just some of my memories from the towns.  I
can go down the town guide and remember many stories
from each of the towns I passed through.  It is places
like these that will always be apart of me.

To all the town folk who help us along our way, Thank
you.

Tony
PCT 2000