[pct-l] Marking your territory & bears

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Please...no offense to anyone but....Uhmm, if my memory serves me (I could be
wrong), but weren't there a number of stories a few years back about young
ladies who were attacked (fatally?) by grizzlies (bruins) shortly after
urinating near the trail during their monthy cycle. This may be urban legend,
but I see an image in my mind of a before and after facial pictures of a
female survivor. I would hate for anyone to be hurt accidentally. If anyone
remembers these incidents, please share.
In reference to: ""In 1996 we did a 300 mile hike from Camp Whitsett to Mt
Whitney, then followed the JMT to Yosemite Valley. We stealth camped on the
JMT, and marked the territory around our tent every night. We had zero bear
encounters (nowadays I use Garcia cans, 'nuff said). By the way, ladies, with
my equalizer device, you have no need for a privacy shelter to mark your tent.
This device is made from recycled materials, costs nothing, and weighs in at
one tenth of an ounce.""

Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 [1] and get 2 months FREE*