[pct-l] Re: Bear Boxes/Food Storage Options

So, hanging food from trees above timberline is illegal?
 Was that law written by Yogi Berra, by chance?
  I'm quite okay with not camping above timberline. Like the saying goes,
"It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there." The alpine
zone is quite fragile, the camp spots usually rocky, there is no protection
from the chilly wind and campfires are verboten (and should be). I'll take a
forested camp near a river or lake any day instead, unless the bugs are
unbearable