[pct-l] Re:Congratulations Roy

Hi Roy,

Congratulations on your thru hike. Sounds like you and
I have the same experience. Now I am a thru hiker,
after a two year PCT hike.

The first month I fought disappointment on the AT.
Just not the same wildness I had hoped for. Good
heavens, what was I thinking, so many resupply
options, shelters, water everywhere. People coming at
you from all creation.Not at all like the PCT, where a
person might not see a soul for days. And marked? A
person has to stay alert on the PCT. The AT is blazed
so well, a child could manage without a doubt.

Anyways, wished I could have met you. Fantastic
journey. I was a white blazing purist, also, but must
admit to a one day hike (no pack) from Caratunk to
Monson (37 miles). Guess thats how I did Mt Whitney as
well. Left the bulk of my stuff in the bear box at
Crabtree Meadows, did Whitney, and back down same day.

I heard one woman took her entire pack up to Katahdin.
I had a rough time over some of those scrambles, even
left my hiking poles at the ranger station.

gypsy trail life has got to be the best in the world
best regards
Brawny

=====
http://www.trailquest.net/ultralight.html