[pct-l] A Short AT Trail Report, etc.

>> I'm also pleased to report that my CatStove served me well for the whole
152-day hike and is ready for the next adventure.  I think that will be a
snow-camping trip into  the Sierra this winter, and perhaps a winter hike in
the Washington Cascades with Mad Monte as well. <<

Move over Roy, there's a new stove in town. An ultralight  Cat Stove. Well
not exactly a Cat Stove since there were no cat food cans used in the
process. Still it works on the fundamental principles of a Cat Stove and a
one quarter the weight.

I've been waiting 2 years for Roy to come out with a lighter version of the
Cat Stove. Which I like in many ways over the Pepsi Stoves. However much to
my chagrin nothing was forth coming. I guess the demands of supporting that
wayward son and then taking off on his own hike just sapped too much time.

So I've stepped in and with a massive capitol investment (a six pack of Tree
Top Juices) and extraordinary time investment (one day fiddling around),
I've come up with the next generation of Cat Stoves, er new name not yet
defined.

Anyway you can see the new stove at:
http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/ultralight/Stove.asp It works just like the
Cat Stove. Just lighter, smaller, easier to build and a might prettier (if I
don't say so myself)!

So let me know when you'll be up to these here parts again and we'll have a
humdinger of a cookoff!

-Fallingwater