[pct-l] thru hike costs

--

 > We were curious about total costs of our CDT hike this year and went to
> Quicken expenses. The total spent on the trip from May 1 to Sept 24 was
> $7175 which includes $622 Amtrak fares home. Remember that this is for
> two
> of us and included restaurants, motels, gear, maps (quads bought in town
> when we didn't think we had adequate maps) and postage. We bought new
> gear,
> shoes, film, food and fuel before the hike and shipped. Those costs bring
> the total up to $11,300. We know that the CDT total costs were much
> higher
> than our PCT 2000 through hike. I think we spent about $7000 for that
> trip.
>
> Solo hikers could save by sharing a motel room (we liked Holiday Inn
> Express
> that had internet) and maps are not a PCT expense. We have more details
> if
> anyone is interested.
>
> i know i would like more details, 7,000 dollars for a pp.c.t.thruhike ,an=
d 11 thousand dollars for a c.d.t. thru hike sseems  unrealistic to me. i w=
ould like to know what the money was sspent on.i hiked the oregon section o=
f the p.c.t. this year and sspent about 200 dollars on the hike itself and =
50 dollars for a ggreyhound ticket(seattle to klamath falls), for a grand t=
otal of 250 ddollars,and never felt like i was scrimping on anything(no mot=
el rrooms,did`nt feel i needed any)im planning on do`ing the whole trail nn=
ext year on a budget of around 1,600 dollars which seems ample to mme.what =
have you other thru hikers spent on your hike?

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com