[pct-l] Where is the trail? (Sunday)

--
Vic

I guess you picked up the trail at the tunnel under I-10. near Cabozon .Then
you should have gone pass the Nesa Wind Mills. There is and interesting area
there called Cat's Claw Patch. I was bleeding from many scratches as they
reached out and clawed me.

You cross the Whitewater River which in the spring flows pretty fast. I
camped that might just as I got out the wash.  (NS) Its a site marked in
guide book.

I was going from Big Bear to Cabozon (NS) . The wash was running pretty good
with the snow melt. I guess I must have 30 crossing. Were you saw the sign
you should have found trail there. I found an old dried out log about 8 feet
long and carried it to cross the streams. I didn't have to keep taking my
shoes off. Thank God for my poles There are no PCT marking along this section
they keep getting washed out. You don't want to get caught in that canyon
during a wash out. It reminds me of the Bridge to Nowhere During the thirties
they put a road up there and you can still see section that were not washed
out.

lonetrail