[pct-l] multi-use items

Hi
I think I may have accidentally only sent a reply to Carl to him instead of=
 the
list. He was asking about the emergency blanket and the poncho as being mul=
ti-
use items.

The emergency blanket: we use it as insulation. I have used it mainly on a =
sail
boat when I was getting so cold it was getting awfully close to hypothermia=
.
But it weighs only about 30 grams.

The poncho: we have two ponchos and do not normally hike solo. For a couple=
, it
is fine to use one poncho as a groundcloth and another to go out to pee (fo=
example). The poncho only weighs about 340 grams and is of a very simple
design. It is basically a ground cloth with snap-buttons on the side and a =
hood
in the middle. We are thinking of producing one of a different material tha=
t is
even lighter. It has a little loop in the middle bottom, so that you can at=
tach
a cord that goes between your legs, against flapping.

Saskia

=0D
=0DNieuw: Wanadoo ADSL Lite voor 27,95 euro per maand!=0D
=0D=0D
=0DMeer informatie: http://www.wanadoo.nl/adsl