[pct-l] the subjectiveness of a thru-hike

At 10:45 PM 10/14/02, Vic L Hanson wrote:
>Now I find out that a "thru-hike" really doesn't mean that you hiked the
>whole trail.  "PCT '77" or "AT '01" doesn't mean that you hiked the whole
>trail. One person skipped a half mile of trail, another hitchhiked for 10
>or 20 miles, maybe someone skipped the Sierra's because of the snow, or
>Oregon because of the mosquitos! Where does it end??

How about the Blueblazers? Are they thru hikers?
Oh I forgot, not too many blazes of any color on the PCT.

Sounds like someone has been talking to Wingfoot just a little too much.
You can fight this one AGAIN if you want, but I'd rather you didn't.

Look up the definition of "banal"
http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=banal
--
Brick Robbins                       mailto:brick@fastpack.com