[pct-l] Back from the Continental Divide

Hi, Y'all

I am back on the list and missed the diverse chatter here.

I left the Mexican Border of  bootheel of New Mexico with Hopi Horse on
April 5 and lost by support driver 4 days later.  After taking the driver
back to Reno, I sat down fro 10days to heal, to ride, and try to figure
things out.  Eventually, I just started out and developed a rhythmn of
riding away from my trailer and truck, tying my horse after about 10 miles,
walking or hitchhiking back to my rig, driving forward, riding my horse
forward, tying somewhere, hitching back, driving forward, etc.  I packed
Hopi across Wilderness areas, but these made for some bad hitchhikes back
to get my trailer.  I was fortunate on a few of these to get people to take
me all the way back. As always, I usually walked about half the time, more
on any hard surfaced road.

5 months later on September 9th, 2002(my 60th bithday), I reached the
Canadian Border thankful that I and my horse had arrived safe and quite
sound.  A lot of stuff happened inbetween.

I still have about 800 miles to finish on the PCT with Hopi Horse
(thruhiked in 99), mostly in Oregon and Washington.  I was hoping to chip
away at some of this this fall after a few more days rest.

Joanne