[pct-l] Re: Tent

--
I know I'm behind on the topics.  I rarely check my email.  But I also went
lightweight this year because of herniated disks and I love it.  I bought a
Dana Racer X pack and I use a prototype of a Megamid in smaller size and
silnylon that weighs less than 2 pounds.  I hiked 270  (Donner Pass to Burney
Falls) this summer in less than 2 weeks.  I plan on doing 500 next summer.  I
did go to a little heavier hiking shoes instead of the New Balances.  I tend
to pronate major in too lightweight a shoe.  So I had to compromise there.  I
did a backpacking demonstration for my students today and used my pack and
gear from my thru hike of the AT and there's no way I'd carry that much
again!  Gail Johnson