[pct-l] gear questions

In a message dated 9/10/02 9:38:59 PM, weir@turbonet.com writes:

<< He

slid his inflatable kayak in the door of the shelter and used it as an air

mattress. >>

Sorry, it doesn't count as an ultralite pillow
 i used the SD clip for manyyears, but switched to a $100 Walrus to save a
pound and a half. Works just fine. Definitely a one man tent but I gave up
sharing a tent with smelly, farting, belching and snoring guys like me long
ago so I could get some sleep
  Don't bother trying to take a fuel bottle or ice ax on a plane.  I saw
someone who tried to take an ice ax on a flight (pre 9-11) and was told he
couldn't take his "weapon" aboard. He thought it was dumb. No one would even
think of it today unless they wanted to be body slammed to the floor