[pct-l] Re: PCT-L digest, Vol 1 #594 - 4 msgs

I was at Dolly Vista about 3 weeks ago.  It is a beautiful place.  However,
we had to cut an 8-day hike on the PCT short, because, on day 2,  my
sister-in-law stepped on a recently snow-covered, but now bare,  section of
trail and slipped in the mud (which had a dry crust on top).  She broke her
leg and had to be splinted and moved ever-so-carefully to the campsite.
Then, the next day, my friend stayed with her while I hiked 20 miles out for
help.  I could have hiked only 14 miles, but it would have been across snow
and down weedy switchbacks, over many blowdowns, and the others wouldn't
have it.  North down the switchbacks and out the well-maintained Suiattle
Trail was the best way for me to go.

Be careful on newly uncovered sections of trail!

Lindy