[pct-l] Snow conditions SnoqP-to-StevensP

Hello everyone

Regarding ===>

Message: 2
From: "Marge Prothman" <marge@prothman.com>
To: <JSmithFam@aol.com>, <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Subject: RE: [pct-l] Thru-Hikers
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:01:58 -0600

Did your Southbounder happen to say how the snow levels were in
Washington State, primarily the last 2 sections  Stevens Pass to Rainey Pass
and Rainey Pass to Manning Park.

Have really not had any reports.

Cheers,   Marge (the old gal)
======================================
I just completed the Stevens Pass to Snoqualmie Pass - actually 30 miles
South of SnoqP - section last week and snow conditions are a NON ISSUE!
Nothing is needed to deal with snow/ice conditions because the snow/ice is
gone. Plenty of water is available between StevensP and SnoqP plus the worse
possible conditions wrt to the mosquito too.

I suspect the StevensP to Stehekin section is basically snow/ice free. I
will ask Al, our Stehekin postmaster, to ask those coming in to give him a
report on snow/ice conditions between StevensP/Stehekin and post the results
here for those interested...

Bring plenty of bug repellant and film because this section and everything
North to Canada is spectacular. I made a long and roomy lightweight
walk-about net-bag that allows me to eat, read books, etc while remaining
bug free.

Dick - w7wkr
Stehekin, WA