[pct-l] Washington conditions

Apparently another case of a poor, extreme, ultralight choice of weight over
safety.

I suggest:

1. Know the conditions
2. Know your limitations
3. Know your equipment
4. BRING the necessary 3 for 1 and 2

If you did 4 and 2 or 3 are not sufficient for 1 then don't go.  Or, if you
find yourself deep in the woods when 1 changes radically, then get out.

> >PS:  Do you suppose that this a case of foregoing the "unnecessary" weight
> of
> >an ice ax for the benefit of ultralight mega-mile hiking strategy?
>
> Yes

IMHO (but I believe that this should, at least, be considered common sense),

Greg

"Salvitur Ambulando"
(walking solves all things)
            St. Augustine