[pct-l] Mt. Whitney By Night

I have done a night ascent of Whitney-- oh I think about 3-4 times now..one
word of advice, and only one (for a change) and please excuse me
if u have already thought of this...but pick a full moon
to do it ..the etheral nature of Whitney by Full Moon is
indescribable...especially if you are with a significant
other! :-) The tantalizing reflections and shadows are
stupendous...we did sleep on top to "cap" off a monumental
trip. (There are many shelters of stone on top). However
make sure it is a cloudless storm free evening as the
escape down is slow if a storm should blow in...we did it
last in mid July before the southern storm track developed
so prevalant in Aug...

Rich