[pct-l] Lake Chelan "Lakeshore Trail"

Regarding ==>

Message: 1
From: Montedodge@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 13:32:37 EDT
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] I 'm Off

 Yes, I can read Greg and Tom's lips right now!! ( He's been off for
years!!!!) Going to Lake Chelan today for a week. boat and fish three days ,
then Thurday, hike the seventeen mile trail at the far end on the east shore
for a few days to Stehiken and Boat back Saturday. You can also take the "
Lady of the Lake boat to Prince Creek which is the start of the lakeshore
trail . Then hike to Stehiken and boat back to the town of Chelan. Great
trail with shelters and good fishing . This is a fun way to go in early to
mid Sept. to say hi to the 2002 PCT crowd and even pull some trail magic for
them. ( Like bringing a backpack full of alcohol and passing out like candy
so they won't get stung with paying 4.50 for a 89 cent bottle of heat like
last year in Stehekin.

I hope he checked with the NPS or the Lake Chelan Boat Company to see
if the Lakeshore trail has been reopened. It has been closed down since
early Spring and I do not know if it is, again, open. If closed, the boat
company
will not offload folks!

Dick
Stehekin, WA