[pct-l] Llamas? (was: Are dogs alowed on the trail?)

In a message dated 5/30/02 5:45:28 PM, jim@rollercoaster.com writes:

<< Although I think I'd prefer the company of a llama over a goat. I wonder
if a llama would scare off more predators too. >>

In the Owens Valley (east of the Sierras), llamas are used as "watchdogs" to
drive off predators (coyotes, etc.). They are perfect for the job as they
stand way above the flock of sheep ... they can see everything.

Charlie

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---