[pct-l] Mt. Baldy backpacking trip, June 15th & 16th

In a message dated 5/29/02 10:28:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
vichanson@juno.com writes:

> ... We will then continue via the Devil's Backbone to the summit of Baldy on
> Sunday and return by the same route.

Devil's Backbone? Is that where the trail crosses a sharp ridge with a cable
handrail for safety? And the winds and snow have been so severe in the past,
that the metal posts have been bent to the ground? I was up there in the
early 70's with a group of Basic Mountaineering students (Scout leaders).

It wouldn't be so scary now ... looking ahead to "my whole life" doesn't
cover as much time as it did then.

Charlie

multipart/alternative
  text/html