[pct-l] Thrus at Wrightwood

Thru hikers I met in or close to Wrightwood on
Tuesday:  Poly & Ester, Montana Max, Sailor, Chris and
Sue, Still Roaming, Happy Joe(I think Joe), Bug,
another couple from the KOP whose names I have
forgotten, they had taken a few days off and were
starting back up with their dog, and of course my
husband who is doing well and looking good.  He
expects to be in Agua Dulce on Sun.  I didn't meet
Hamburger and Helper unfortunately but they were also
in town somewhere.
I got to listen to a lot of funny stories, and to hike
some of the PCT, from Blue Ridge to Acorn trail
looking for my husband and then part way up Mt. Baden
Powell, I had intended to go all the way up but.. -
funny when you get to be 55 and don't hike often
enough the PCT is a much tougher trail than it used to
be.
As usual I brought some ferocious weather with me to
the southern PCT.  The Wrightwood area got hit with
more like an ice than a snow storm along with high
winds.  It was very cold monday night/tuesday morning.
 Hiking was an adventure in avoiding showers of ice
missiles dropping from the tree branches later in the
day on Tuesday.
The only pass open was Monitor, Tioga and Sonora were
both still closed on Wed.

Helen