[pct-l] addtional snow pack predictions requested. hahaha

A check of the sensors in Tuolumne, Tamrack and Tyndall indicate no
significant accumulation so far.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Schifrin [mailto:benschif@sonnet.com]
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 12:39 PM
To: pct-l@backcountry.net
Subject: RE: [pct-l] addtional snow pack predictions requested. hahaha

>Lake Tahoe area may get snow today

Just this morning, I have 1.5 inches of new snow at the house-- 3300'
on the Sonora Pass road. It has been a COLD spring!

Also (not that anyone has been holding their breath!) the PCT
California books have been (obviously) seriously delayed relative to
WP's stated release dates-- it looks like the CA-South book (south of
Tuolumne) won't be out until July. They think the CA -North book will
take 3 months longer, but I think they won't bring it out 'til next

-- Ben Schifrin
Wilderness Press
PCT-L mailing list