[pct-l] addtional snow pack predictions requested. hahaha

At 09:31 AM 5/20/02, Reynolds, WT wrote:
>You will not get much melt this week. Colder temperatures plus rain. I will
>be in the Sierra this weekend and will get a local reading from VVR.

How about NEW snow........
http://www.uniontribune.com/news/uniontrib/mon/news/news_1n20region.html

==begin copy===
May 20, 2002

Lake Tahoe area may get snow today

RENO, Nev. – Don't put away the winter jacket just yet. The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm watch for today in the Lake Tahoe area, where snow was expected to force chain restrictions over Sierra passes.

Through tomorrow, the weather service was calling for 6 to 12 inches of snow above 7,000 feet and 3 to 6 inches of snow below that from the late-season storm.

"It will definitely seem like winter again," said weather service forecaster Tom Cylke. "It's not out of the question to see an inch or so of snow in Reno."
--
Brick Robbins                       mailto:brick@fastpack.com