From: "Matti Urlaß" <poro@surfeu.de>
To: "Pacific Crest Trail" <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2002 12:58 PM
Subject: [pct-l] Entering the USon the PCT

Hallo

I'm planning a southbound hike this year.

I come from Germany and I will arrive in Vancouver Canada and I'm planning
to start in Manning Park...

My problem is I can't find anything on entering the US on the PCT wether or
not it is legal or not???
I couldn't find anything on www.pcta.org
and the guidebook does not help.

I know most of the people are northbounders but hey isen't there anyone who
has done it southbound(???), who could help or tell me about his
experiences.

Grüße Matti
_ _ _

matti.urlass@web.de