[pct-l] Kick-Off Weekend

Monte,

It was good to see you again and all of your great stuff.  Don't forget to
put me in your will for that long handled ice axe!  It was good to meet your
sister also.

Thank you for the second (as I recall) annual "Monte Dodge Pop Can Stove
Clinic".  Let's see, that's MDPSC.  Next year I think it might be a good
thing to put out several tables, as suggested by GVP, and have a stove
clinic, a gear review clinic, a water sources clinic, a bear canister clinic,
. . . .

I'm putting together a list of thank you's to post to the list for all of
those that helped out so much to make this year's event so great.  You may
get the impression that just a few people put in the majority of the work,
but other than Bob Reiss, it mostly gets carried by a very large number of
people now.

I couldn't believe how willing all were to step up and help prepare and serve
each meal.  Pooh (at Pooh Corner - Donner Summit) was always the first to
step up to the barbeque or stove and start flippin the burgers, or cookin the
bacon, or . . .  Here's a Trail Angel that just can't get enough of giving.
I see where he got his trail name!

Strider