[pct-l] Doctor's protein bars and Cabazon resupply facts!!!

Here's the skinny on the Doctor's LowCarb Diet bars. I get them for a buck a
each from a friend. Package claims no artical sweeteners or hydrogenated
oils. Each bar is 206 calories, 20.5g protein from Isolated soy and
whey,2.2grams of carbs, and 4 grams of fat.  Should be a good add for protein
if you eat one a day. ( Carb out on other things)  20.5 grams is about equal
to a 3 oz. can of tunafish.@@@@@@@@@@@ Next , Cabazon is not a dump!!! Many
hikers enjoy resupplying at a store where the gal running the cash register
has more body piecings and tatoos than  the Hell's Angels whole gang!! Half
the fun of resupplying there is having a whino sit next to you  and offer you
his brown bag and chat about your next 100 miles. In 1977 , a hiker ahead of
me found a suicide victim in the small gas station in the men's rest room and
a hiker behind me found a dead hiker on Fuller Ridge who had been missing a
year!!! ( Cabazon just keeps getting better!!!) Actually , fuller ridge was
infamous in the old days because the trail down the ridge was lost in a burn
and most hiker just dropped the 8,000ft  on a bee-line down the large finger
ridge that dropped down to the Twin Something??? boys ranch, and then follow
the road to town.  Cabazon is the polar opposite of Palm Springs, but hey,
the town has flavor!!!  Anybody with a visa card and a Patagonia Jacket can
enjoy Idyllwild ,but Cabazon is where true adventure is!

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---