[pct-l] Re: pct-l] Tram resupply at Palm Springs

In a message dated 3/30/02 11:16:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mountainbliss@juno.com writes:

> There seems to be a range of opinions here.  Christine Kudija reminded me
> of the 7000+ elevation loss to Palm Springs and the subsequent quick
> gain, which has given me trouble before.  Mad Monte recommends Cabazon,
> while Eckert says that Idyllwild ain't that bad a trek.  I was leaning
> toward Idyllwild anyway and I like the fact that they're thru-hiker
> friendly.  I think I'll do Idyllwild.  I'm not scared of hills.  Quite
> the contrary, I kinda like doin' the grunt.  Otherwise I wouldn't be in
> the mountains.

By all means, go with Idyllwild. However, good, bad, or indifferent one might
judge the hike into/out of town, it's over in an hour.

And then, there's Jan's Coffee Shop for breakfast ...

Charlie

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---