[pct-l] trail safety

In a message dated 3/25/02 4:24:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,
chanif1@terra.com writes:

<< wondering about trail safety for single women (late 20's)? any comments?
 also any good places to find partners? >>

Hikers on the trail are some of the classiest people you'll ever meet, but I
know it takes only one bad apple.  Many women hike the trail these days, and
I expect you'll hear from some of them.  I suspect hikers are much safer on
the trail than in town.  On the trail, you'll find that you quickly become a
member of a small community of fellow travelers.  We look out after each
other.

You might use this list to hook up with another hiker or a couple if that
works for you.  You should join the PCTA for many reasons --  solves the
permit problem for one thing.  Another is, you get the PCTA Communicator and
can check the Trip Partner ads (or place one yourself for free.)  Good luck
to you in '03!