[pct-l] Intro

I am planning on hiking the Oregon and Washington sections this summer.  =
I completed a thru-hike of the AT during April-August 1989 but have only =
periodically (yearly) backpacked since then.  I worked as a Park Ranger =
in the Columbia River Gorge for two summers back in 1985 and 1986 and =
during that time lived in an apartment 150 yards from the trailhead in =
Cascade Locks. I hiked the PCT sections near the Gorge during that time =
and extensively in the Gorge.=20

I strongly recommend the alternate route through Eagle Creek Trail as =
you go north/descend into the Gorge from Lost Lake (less than 1 mile =
difference from the PCT).  If you are into waterfalls it is spectacular! =
 It contains one of the most (if not the most) photographed waterfalls =
in the US, named Punchbowl Falls, I am sure you have seen it in a =
calendar or as a screen saver etc. It also contains Tunnel Falls where =
the trail is cut midway up the falls through a tunnel. =20

I currently live in Madrid.

Bruce E. Haraty

multipart/alternative
  text/html