[pct-l] camra

--- maryliz von krusenstiern
<hesitationblues@hotmail.com> wrote:

> can anyone recomend an ideal camra (not digital)
> thats durable enough for a thru hike, and under
> 200$.

    Last year I carried an Olympus Stylus Epic Zoom 80
from Campo to Kennedy Meadows and had nothing but
problems.  Including two rolls of film that were
destroyed when the camera indicated that it the film
was rewound when it was not.
    I had my Yashica T4 sent to me at Kennedy Meadows
and carried it to Canada.  There's no zoom feature,
but at least It was reliable and the picture quality
was good. (I'd used It for my AT hike two years
earlier)
Some of my pictures (not at the highest resolution)
are at:
http://photos.yahoo.com/cobwebat99

I'm not sure what the T4 costs now, but mine was under
$150.  It'll be with me on my CDT section hike this
summer.

-Ben