[pct-l] getting to the kickoff

Craig writes:
> (My plan A was to arrange a shuttle from the San Diego
> airport to Lake Morena on Saturday morning.  I'm
> listed on the ride board but haven't gotten any

Probably because everyone is planning to already be out there by no later
than Saturday morning to hike or help set up the ADZ.

> If I take the bus to Campo, it looks like it gets
> there around 4:30-5 in the evening. Plan B is could somebody swing by and
> pick me up in Campo?

The main events of the ADZPCTKO are scheduled to be in full swing at that
time.  You're asking someone to pull themselves away to come pick you up.  I
suggest Plan C.

> Plan C: I get the feeling it is not a good idea to
> stay near the border at night.  Where would be a good
> first campsite?  After the railroad tracks?

How about Lake Morena?  There will be about 90 to 100 people there already on
Friday night before the ADZ and many will be available to shuttle you to the
border first thing Saturday morning or Sunday morning or even Friday morning.
 Try to get a ride to Lake Morena on Thursday or Friday.  You should have
more luck.  The camping and food is free (courtesy of the ADZ supporters).

Best regards,

Greg "Strider" Hummel

multipart/alternative
  text/html