[pct-l] So-Cal drought & Mt Laguna Snow

I just got back from the Lagunas today. I was on a lateral trail that
connects to the PCT

At 6,000 there is 4-6 inches of new snow on top of dirt: there is no base
snow. It is melting fast, with only patches in the shade below 5,000. I
would expect all but a trace to be gone in a day or two.

As far as the draught goes, the seasonal creeks that I would expect to be
very full this time of year are either trickles, or completely dry.

Barring a late heavy rainfall, I think this will be a VERY tough year to
find natural water anywhere south of the Sierra, and the "seasonal" creeks
that are not already dry, will be so much earlier than usual.

--
Brick Robbins

All that is gold does not glitter,
not all those who wander, are lost....