[pct-l] Hike tomorrow, Sat. March 16th

Sorry for the late notice but a couple of us are going hiking tomorrow in
Millard Canyon/Mt. Lowe area. We are meeting on Loma Alta Drive at Chaney
Trail at 1:00 pm tomorrow. Take Lincoln Ave. north from the 210 to Loma
Alta and turn rightWe will car pool from there to the start of the Dawn
Mine/Millard Canyon hike (Wilderness Pass required to park at trail
head).

This will be a moderate/advanced hike due to the rapid pace, it isn't all
that steep but we will need to move fast to finish before it gets dark.
I'm guessing the hike will take 5-6 hours (it is dark at about 6:30) so
bring a light just to be safe as there is no moon and the last part of
the trail can get very dark due to the trees. I'm not sure of the
distance, let's guess about 12 miles (plus/minus, sorry, can't find my
book!).

The hike will go up Millard Canyon past Dawn Mine to Tom Slone Saddle,
from there we go east over to Mt. Lowe and will come down the West trail
to Inspiration Point (great view L.A.) and down Castle Canyon trail to
Echo Mtn. then down the Sunset trail to our starting point. It is a very
nice loop trail with varied scenery. It is fairly sheltered from the wind
in most places so should be a great day for hiking! Hope you can join us.

Vic Hanson
310-787-7245