[pct-l] Giardiasis

Good link...

I just sent another somewhat related link to the BPL list.  Thought I would
share it here, too...  The CIWEC clinic is located in Kathmandu.  I heard
about it when I got a referal to the clinic BEFORE I left the US to go to
Nepal.  I did make use of the clinic and Dr. Shlim treated me successfully
for giardia that I brought from the US and then food-poisoning that I got
there. (Long story.)

http://www.ciwec-clinic.com/

Anyway, there are great write-ups about both diarrhea in travelers altitude
illnesses that are relevant to hikers.  Turns out Dr. Shlim is well know in
the medical community (in Boston, anyway) as one of the world's experts in
both diarrhea and altitude illness.

Mara