[pct-l] RE: Maps

I hiked from the southern Kennedy Meadows to Yosemite Valley using the trail
guide sections that I needed.  In the high Sierra, they helped me find the
trail a couple of times.
Since you mention your inexperience, I wanted to make sure you knew that most
people tear the books apart, mailing sections to themselves as appropriate.
They don't lug the whole CA book through CA.
Also, since I didn't want to be carrying too much excess water, I used the PCT
Data Book to keep track of water sources. It was also helpful to track daily
mileage.
In the 200 mile section I did, I noticed few blazes once I hit Sequoia NP.

Edmond Meinfelder <edmond@meinfelder.com> wrote:
Pardon my inexperience, but what exactly are the Trail Guides (Schaffer, etc.)
good for?