[pct-l] light weight tents

In a message dated 2/27/2002 3:34:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sveriksen@yahoo.com writes:

> * The North Face: Make good tents, but not the
>  lightest. Slickrock and Canyonlands are interesting
>  models.

I've used a freestanding North Face for about the last 6 years.  It's the
tadpole which looks a lot like the Clip Flashlite.  It's been a good tent,
but I wouldn't recommend it for any six footers.  I'm 6'2" and either my toes
or head bulge against the tent when I stretch out.  I'll be taking a Nomad on
my next hike.

Happy trails,

Solar Bear