[pct-l] Ultimate fuel tab trivia

For those of you who burn tablets for fuel in your stoves take a look at the
following:
cheers,   Marge (the old gal)
  Mom - Put on your thinking cap... here is the ultimate trivia in fuel
tablets.  CB

  Esbit  fuel tablet = Methenamine (active ingredient)

  Stansport Fuel Tablet = Hexamethylenetetramine (active ingredient)

  Hexamine  tablets are commonly sold on line and referred to all time.

  Hexamine is simply the product name for Hexamethylenetetramine.

  ---- AND  here's the trivia part ----

  The synonym for Hexamethylenetetramine is Methenamine

  So in other words:

  Hexamethylenetetramine = Methenamine
  Hexamine = Methenamine
  Hexamine = Hexamethylenetetramine

  ---- OR Put In Product Terms ----

   Esbit = Stansport Fuel tablets.

  Bottom Line - Buy the Esbit, Stansport, or generic Hexamine tablets - -
they are all the same!!!!!

  Hey - it took me hours to figure this out.  (I suppose you could check
with your chemist friends at BackpackerLight.)

  The other type of solid fuel tablet out there is called trioxane.  Its
used to fuel toy boats and toy steam engines.

  There is a chart comparison in files on BackpackerLight that shows
trioxane doesn't burn nearly as hot as the Esbit (Methenamine) tablets.  So
trioxane tablets are the ones to avoid.    Put this in your file.    Carol

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---