[pct-l] Stoves ONE more time only

Monte writes:

"Few plastic pumps last 25 years unless they sit in a storage room most
their life and get used just a few times a year. They simple aren't up to
day to day hard use. MSR stove are fine , but the pumps are not up to 'MY
STANDARDS". Maybe someone else is perfectly
happy with stove. If you have any type of  0-ring fire , your pump will most
likely be junk. There is no way a plastic MSR pump is as good as a  Metal
pump. Let me stomp your MSR pump and you can stomp mine and see who's stove
still works!!!"

Here's an interesting anomaly: My MSR plastic pump dates back to late 1990.
Now, nearly 13,000 miles and perhaps 900-1000 uses later, it's still in
great shape and is one of the few pieces of gear remaining from the original
thru-hike. This is certainly unusual, as I have never heard of another one
lasting as long, and I'm constantly seeing others fall apart. Don't know why
this is the case; I don't do anything out of the ordinary to take care of
it....but I'm still switching to alcohol....

wc