[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[pct-l] Weird stuff to carry
- Subject: [pct-l] Weird stuff to carry
- From: Citrushicker@aol.com (Citrus)
- Date: 15 Feb 2002 05:49:34 GMT
- References: <email@example.com>
I ended up arriving in Manning Park with 11 baseball caps accumulated
during my hike. Almost 3 lbs worth!
By the time I got to Idyllwild I realized a few things:
1) I was going to make much better time than anticipated
2) Who knows when I 'll get to the west coast again? Screw the budget!
3) There are a lot of baseball teams on the west coast
So I started going to games and buying hats. Never dreamed I'd end up
with so many or I probably wouldn't have pledged to carry them all.
For what it's worth I enjoyed our national pastime in San Bernardino,
LA, Lancaster, San Francisco, Sacramento, Eugene, Salem, Portland
(twice), Everett, Yakima, and Seattle. With a little more planning I
probably could have worked in 6 more.
I think I may need to look into what's accessible from the AT next.
- Posted via http://forums.backcountry.net