[pct-l] weird stuff to carry

There's nothing weird about carrying a guitar.  When I backpacked with
boy scouts my guitar was considered essential equipment, so I bought a
Martin backpacker guitar.  It weighs under 4 lbs, including the soft
case.  It was the best thing to have at Philmont Scout Ranch for evening
singalong time.
We quit the scouts and took up with a herd of scruffy llamas in '97, and
I have been leaving the guitar home ever since (llamas don't sing), but
last summer I decided I am never spending a month without a guitar
again.  I don't take a walkman and it is a killer for me to be without
music for a whole month.  Just one more of many reasons I would never
make it as a thru-hiker.
Marion Davison