[pct-l] Re: ADZPCTKO

Linda,

I thought that I would copy your question to the PCT-L because I get this
question all the time and want to make sure that everyone understands.

Linda writes:

> I will be thru-hiking (attempting to anyway) the PCT this 2002. I would like
> to send a $ contribution to offset some of your costs. I'm confused when
> you say you will not be accepting any donations from 2002 hikers. Does that
> mean you won't be accepting funds on the day at Lake Moreno?......or even
> beforehand? It would be my pleasure to send a contribution.

Linda, NO contributions from 2002 hikers means no contributions will be
accepted from you fortunate ones who aspire to hike the PCT this year.  This
event is for you (plural).  You have enough things to worry about and costs
to cover in order to accomplish this incredible journey.  We want to do this
for you to lighten the tension of starting out, kill a lot of those damn
butterflies, and share just a bit of the magic and wonder that we have
experienced with you.  Please take no offense by this refusal.  There is none
meant.  Please allow us this little weird thing we demand.  There are no
other rules or demands to the ADZPCTKO.  I think you will find this a very
comfortable, low key, fun thing.

Please consider coming to the 5th ADZPCTKO next year, contributing to cover
yours and perhaps other's expenses and sharing your most recent experiences
of your 2002 hike with those that aspire to thru-hike in 2003.

We are pleased to put this on and look forward to meeting you and all of the
class of 2002.

Best regards,

Greg "Strider" Hummel

multipart/alternative