[pct-l] Hilter Filter or was it Helter Skelter?

 Filters should be used Mexco North to the Sierras. Water sources on the
first few hundred miles on the PCT are few and used by livestock, illegals (
who may not be as careful as you). Have I gotten sick?? Yes is 1997 near St.
Helens  ( In Washington) after drinking out of early Sept. Clear Creek. Had
all the signs and never went to the Doctor. After 2 weeks and losing 15 lbs.,
the signs went away. Maybe I am a carrier? Oh well, haven't had it again. Is
it like smallpox, if you live, you're immune?? Anyway I filter now from
lakes, PCT desert areas or iffy looking water. ( Not very scientific!!!)
Most thru-hikers hit Canada with no filter and just carrying a few Polar pure
cystals for luck! PS Sister will go to Mexican Border today and hike North
for a little training. ( Try to get her to hike Mex. to at least Laguna
before kick-off. Snowed 2 inches at the house last night and she went
swimming yesterday near S.D.   Boo Hoo!!!