[pct-l] Safewateranywhere , in line filters

For the past two years I have been using safewater anywhere in line
filters.  I found that it took me about 20 minutes to use a pump type
filter (I was using a Hiker Pur), and with the inline filter I just filled
a platypus and put it on when I got to camp and let gravity do the work.  I
could also sweeze on the bag for extra pressure or put the bag up on a limb
to increase the pressure.  I rarely used more than two quarts of water
during the day which I would filter in the morning.

However I found the safewatereverywhere filters cloughed really fast.  They
would run fairly well for about 2 weeks and then shut down more and more.
In two more weeks an all night hang would give me barely enough water to
use.  They have a prefiter , and at first I thought I was just picking up
sediment somehow.  But after two more in which I was very careful to get
clear water, I figure they just did not have much of a useful life-
somewhere under 50 galleons which is a quarter of the amount that they are
supposed to filter.  I ended up using iodine which I always carry as a back
up.

What kind of experience have other people had with safewater everywhere
filters, and does anybody know of another more reliable in line filter?

Joanne