[pct-l] Re: transportaion from L.A. to Lone Pine

That service was ended I believe in summer 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Karen Borski [mailto:kborski@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 6:01 PM
To: jm@gol.com; pct-l@backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Re: transportaion from L.A. to Lone Pine

"Does anyone know how the Greyhound bus operates
between L.A. and Lone Pine?  I know one goes at least
as far as Mojave. Contacted the company but nothing
seems available. Recommendations for summer
transportation?"

Tokio John,

In the summer of 2000, we rode a Greyhound from
Bishop, through Lone Pine (picking up passengers
there), all the way to LA.  I think it cost $20-30.

BTW, there is no more vile pit of humanity than you'll
find in the LA bus station in Hollywood about 1 am.
Quite colorful and adventurous in itself!