[pct-l] Speaking of map and compass skills...

Hello, my name is Bryan Jacobson and i've started hiking about a year ago. I am
planning on doing a week trip on the PCT this year, and a thru-hike the next. I
live in Minnesota and while i've been to a few places I have yet to use a
compass, just Topo maps and signs when available.

My quesion is, how 'nice' of compass do I need, meaning are those little tiny
ones reliable? and what would be some recommended resources for learning how to
use the compass well.

Good advice appreciated,

Bryan Jacobson