[pct-l] Time spent on the trail

In a message dated 11/17/01 1:07:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pct-l-request@mailman.backcountry.net writes:

> Just playing the devils advocate, but I'd seriously think I'd be missing
> something, if I was back home in four months, instead of 5 or six.

Yeah, it's all HYOH and all that, but there's no denying that the sooner
you're done, the sooner you're off The Trail (be tough to argue that one). A
couple-few years back (94-95), there was a couple who southbounded the AT
Trail [sic] and took 11 months to do so. They never did more than 10 miles in
a day, and had a fabulous hike. We all gots to do what we gots to do, but
that sounds like a fine plan. More power to 'em.

Endeavor to persevere,
Former Attorney General Ed Meese

multipart/alternative
  text/html