Fwd: [pct-l] Hiking with Disabilities

>if you go hike either the PCT or the AT -
>you'll likely find out that, for a lot of
>people, it IS about competition.

"When did you start?"

You definitely meet hikers who will ask you this before you have time to introduce yourself. But I must say that, once I got into Northern California, the only person who seemed to care about that shit was Meadow Ed.

And in re: this:

>"Cutting the space budget really restores
>my faith in humanity. It eliminates dreams,
>goals, and ideals and lets us get straight
>to the business of hate, debauchery, and
>self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart

Maybe it eliminates the dreams and goals of engineers and scientists, but I must say that, if it were my decision, both the space and defense budgets would be significantly trimmed until every person in America had access to a good education, health care, and a safe place to live.

Replace "hate, debauchery, and annihilation" with "housing, Medicare, and public education."